Life in Real Estate is like riding a Roller Coaster. If you can manage all the ups and downs you will find this can be a wonderful career. With this career we help clients with the American Dream of owning a Home and that is a great feeling.

Thursday, March 1, 2007

LIFE IN REAL ESTATE

Life in Real Estate is like riding a Roller Coaster. If you are prepared for the ride of your life, maybe this is a career for you. David and I have been in this profession for 19 years and it was the scariest thing we ever did. When you think of going from a weekly paycheck to being paid by commission, that is enough to make most people nervous.
You get your first sell and get so excited when it finally closes and your first check comes in!! WOW -- what happened -- you forgot about the Franchise fee, then the Brokers cut, then the E&O insurance fee and last but not least the transaction coordinator fee. You go from a big smile to pale. If you are smart you will put at least 10% into a separate account so you will be able to pay Uncle Sam (IRS) at the end of the year.
Here in California we have a lot of disclosures that go along with our contracts. When we first started 19 years ago, our purchase agreement was only 2 pages. Our purchase contracts look more like a book and our listing agreements are even larger. Just when you think you have all the contracts memorized and it is easy to fill them out --- they change.
Once you get on your feet and have a few escrows close you will realize that this is one of the best careers you could ever have. We help clients DREAM come true and it is a wonderful feeling.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kat DeLong said...

I LOVE your new blog!!!!

March 1, 2007 at 5:01 PM

 
Blogger Kat DeLong said...

Here...here!!! You are right on about the roller coaster ride in real estate. I have to agree with everything you said--and I KNOW you could have said plenty more. Great article, Brenda!

March 1, 2007 at 5:05 PM

 
Blogger Coy Knapp said...

I believe I know what my problem is. When I ride a roller coaster I lift my arms up over my head and scream throughout the whole ride. So I am now sitting in my office with my arms up in the air screaming and still nothing is happening in fact some people just walked by the office and thought I was being held up.

March 22, 2007 at 1:18 PM

 
Blogger Brenda Ernst said...

Coy, I am so happy you are lifting your arms up and it would help if you yelled. Try this and it will make you feel fill of energy. Now you can go out and get a listing or call those clients on the phone and you will have a new surge of energy. Remember to keep the roller coaster going uphill. Thanks for the comment. Brenda

March 24, 2007 at 1:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home